Guidelines for host farm:
- Host location should use regenerative practices, cover crops, and livestock OR have access to a farm(s) nearby that implements these practices.
- Host will be responsible for having a soil pit prepared for the field sessions.
- Provide information to Kathy Richburg for potential caterers, hotels, and
area restaurants. Caterer MUST use pastured proteins approved by SHA.
SHA can provide proteins if host does not have access to them.
- Host shall provide snacks (healthy options) for a morning and afternoon
break each day of the academy. Coffee and bottled water shall be provided
all day each day. SHA will pay for snacks, water, & coffee.
- SHA will be responsible for lunch meals each day.
- Host provides tables, chairs, toilet facilities for 50 people at the farm(s)
- Host provides a comfortable climate-controlled room large enough to seat
50 people. This room shall include plenty of electrical outlets, ability to
control lighting, and ability to set up screen and projector for PowerPoint
- Host will take care of trash daily.
- Host will be responsible for advertising and promoting the school. SHA will
provide a flyer and agenda in pdf format to the host.
- With a minimum of 30 paid attendees the host will receive $2000. If
attendees number 40 or more, the host will receive $4000.
- SHA will process all attendee registrations.
- Host will work with the Academy to secure paid attendees. Minimum
attendance required for an academy to occur is 30 people registered and
paid at least 45 days in advance of the school.